TRIAL LAWYERS & TORT LAW COMMITTEE
The goals of the Trial Lawyers & Tort Law Committee are:
- To advance the state of the art of litigation practice by lawyers in this County by providing the best possible series of CLE programs throughout the year;
- To foster an enhanced professional and collegial atmosphere between Westchester litigators;
- To increase the social and intellectual exposure between the judiciary and local litigators;
- To provide a forum for constructive feedback of our local court system;
- To offer top quality CLEs "so we can all jointly advance the state of the art."
CLE's in the recent past covered the following topics:
- "The Anatomy of a Trial"
- "Technology in the Courtroom"
- "Hot From the Judges: Evidentiary Bloopers as Seen by the Gatekeepers (and How to Fix Them!)"
- "From the Top and from the Trenches: Does the Civil Jury System Still Work?"
- "Ethics: Setting Up a Conflict of Interest System In Your Office (Required by the Disciplinary Rules)"
Rules for the new Westchester Medical Malpractice Conference Part can be found here.