The main goals of the Membership Committee are to:
• Assess the functionality and services of the Association on an ongoing basis.
• Make appropriate recommendations to the leadership for change.
• Ensure the legal community is apprised of the diverse functions and significant benefits we have to offer.
• Promote membership by a variety of means and avenues
To attract new members, the Committee has planned a multi-pronged effort which includes:
Send out mailings
• A Direct Mail piece will be sent out this fall directing prospective members to the new website.
• In our mailing, the WCBA’s image will be revamped in an upbeat, contemporary way to attract new members, while still retaining appeal to our current members.
Conduct a phone-a thon
• This is tentatively scheduled for the spring, with members donating a few hours of their time to call lawyers who are not affiliated with the WCBA. (We hope we can count on you to help!)
Offer meaningful discounts on services and products to members
• For your professional needs: Discounts on LexisNexis, NY Law Journal, payroll services, stationary, business cards, computer services…..and more!!
• For your leisure time and entertainment needs: Discounts and special privileges at upscale restaurants, a fitness spa, clothing stores….and more!!
A Closer Look At Our Outreach Efforts – In order to attract new members, we felt we needed to define their unmet needs. We’ve spent countless hours brainstorming about what types of activities, programs and benefits would be meaningful to draw in new members. They range from professional development to business networking to social interaction to financial benefits. You’ll find some of these mentioned in other areas of the website. We have also met with the Managing Partners of a few law firms to ascertain their thoughts on the role of the Association to the Bar and how they could promote membership among their firms’ attorneys.
Details About Direct Mail/Logo - Our Committee members have been very involved in the WCBA’s marketing efforts, working with the WCBA's Publications / Design Coordinator Alex Lindquist on the design and content of the direct mail piece. We also helped select the new WCBA logo, by narrowing down the finalists from a selection created by Cepac Communications, a marketing firm, and modified to its final form by WCBA staff.
More About the Website - We have also discussed various aspects of the website, which will serve as a great information source for all of us, and also provide a vehicle for attracting unaffiliated attorneys.
Further Discounts - If any of you have additional business or social contacts out there in the non-legal world who would be willing to provide membership benefits to us, please contact our Committee Chair.
Visit our message board for up to date information on the activities of the committee. Members may post their own messages to the message board!